TMAA Industrial Relations Services
The TMAA is committed to providing services that add value and direct benefit to our members and their businesses. Industrial relations plays a key part in the day-to-day operations of any business. The TMAA has appointed Industrial Relations Consultant, David Lyons, to work closely with our members and provide a range of industrial relations services. A dedicated email service will assist our members.
David Lyons has a plethora of experience and expertise working in award, agreement and workplace negotiations. He has completed Law Studies and Sociology, is a Justice of the Peace, and a Post Graduate Certificate in Global Law Practice. David is a member of the Industrial Relations Society of Queensland, The Australian Institute of Employment Rights, and is an Associate member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
David will provide the following services for TMAA members:
GENERAL INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS ENQUIRY SERVICES
• Award guidance and interpretation
• Advice on dealing with Unions and potential industrial disputes
• Suitability of establishing enterprise agreements for member companies
BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION AWARD AMENDMENTS
• ‘Classifications Structure’ to better reflect our industry
• Shift loadings in relation to night shift
• Casual Conversion
SHAM CONTRACTING REPORTING SERVICE
• Investigation of reports of Sham Contracting. Evidence and information provided by TMAA members will be submitted to David Lyons for review, and, if applicable, lodgement to the relevant authorities (Fair Work Ombudsman or ATO).
Please CLICK HERE
for Industrial Relations queries, advice and information.