BREAKING NEWS: COVID-19
EASING OF COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS AND REVIEW OF SAFETY PLANS
From Wednesday 15 December, COVID-19 restrictions will ease in NSW in line with the NSW Government roadmap.
On construction sites, capacity limits of 1 person per 2 square metres will be removed, and whilst COVID-19 safety plans remain ‘best practice’ they are no longer mandatory. Also the NSW Government QR code check-in system is now only needed for certain high-contact premises.
In addition, the Public Health Order will no longer differentiate between vaccinated and unvaccinated workers. The requirement for unvaccinated workers to work from home, where practical to do so, will be removed meaning vaccination mandates are at the discretion of employers.
Infrastructure NSW have advised us that they reviewed the COVID-19 Safety Plan for Construction sites in Greater Sydney and proposed changes. Below is a summary of the changes:
- Removed reference to Public Health Order requirements for capacity limits
- Updated face mask requirements to include high-risk settings only
- Removed references to Public Health Order requirements for use NSW Government QR code system
- Removed COVID-19 tests and vaccination status from employer recordkeeping requirements
- The COVID-19 Safety Plan for Construction and tradespeople will also be updated to reflect these changes
The new rules are live on Service NSW.
CCF NSW will, on receipt of this information from Government, update our template Site Safety Plan.
CCF NSW Team